FAQ'S & INFORMATION
WHO OWNS NUCHATLITZ ISLAND?
It is owned by a corporation, made up of private shares/lot. Please see supplements ‘Nuchatlitz Articles’.
NOTES REGARDING THE CORPORATE
SHARES & ARTICLES:
You’re buying a share of the company
Shares in the corporation were originally divided 12 ways.
There are currently 12 shares owned by 10 people (2 have exercised their first right of refusal and bought double shares)
The lands are shared but you have the right to occupy your share. Total acres on the island are approximately 56-57 and everyone gets approximately 4-5 acres.
There are no mortgages available. In the company articles it states that you can’t use the company property for collateral.
Joint ownership is allowed, there can be as many as 3 joint owners.
HOW MUCH ARE
THE MAINTENANCE FEES?
Properties are all considered equal in value and the land is divided 12ways
Properties are individually assessed by BC Assessment - each ownerpays they’re portion
All taxes and a legal fees paid go to the treasurer and they pay BCAssessment, legal fees, maintenance fees ect.
Maintenance fees are approx. $750 in addition to property taxes.
HOW DO YOU GET TO NUCHATLITZ ISLAND?
The easiest way to get there is by water taxi from Tahsis or by float plane from Gold River.
HOME FEATURES & FUNCTIONALITY:
• Main House- Wood Stove
• Guest House-Wood Stove
• Workshop- Wood Stove
GARBAGE, RECYCLING & COMPOST:
• Tahsis and Zeballos both have excellent recycle and garbage facilities.
• Burnable items in the wood stove, compost veggies, and give meat/fish scraps to the crows.
• 1.5 kW solar panels and 7.5 kW diesel power generator
• Battery Bank; 2x6 in series for 12v, 2900 AH capacity
• 2500 W sine-wave inverter
• The solar panels are automatically activated by light and the sun and store the energy in a battery bank. They easily keep up a full charge on a sunny day. The batteries are new and take a charge easily. A generator is used
as a back up and to help boost the system if required.
• 7000 gallon rainwater collection tank. Self filling 25 psi. gravity pressure. The water runs down via gravity to the cabins.
• There is a separate cistern for the garden and back up.
• They have never run out of water.
• Main house- Flushing toilet
• Guest House- Flushing toilet
• 100% biological Treatment System on. site (ask for details)
• Create your own P.O Box in Tahsis or Zaballos
WIFI & TELEPHONE:
• Starlink Satellite, strong WIFI connection
• Telus Landline
• Shaw TV